Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Bread - Polly Parkinson


Polly's Notes: I suggest just telling people that it is chocolate cake and not mentioning the zucchini, because I don’t think you can taste it at all. It just makes the cake really moist. I peeled some larger zucchini and scooped out the seeds, then grated the rest. I poured 1/2 the batter in the pan, then a handful of chocolate chips, then repeated. I probably baked it for a full hour before the knife came out clean. I don’t think it needs any icing. It is delicious plain with a glass of milk, or maybe garnished with whipped cream and mint leaves. Polly

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Cream: 3/4 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
Add: 3 eggs (beat well)
Sift: 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Add: 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick tests clean) -
in tube pan or in loaf tins. Drizzle with chocolate icing.
Optional: nuts, chocolate chips or chunks
I got this recipe from Debra Cayais.

No comments:

Post a Comment