Okay, so I am a slacker and I didn't go to enrichment night, but a sweet little birdie brought the recipes to me. I heard that the Italian Soup was really good so I will put it on the blog for all of you who like soup. Soup weather is upon us. There, I pronounced it, so commence the soup making!
Italian Soup - Bonnie Merci
1 lb. ground beef
small yellow onion
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
fresh mushroom pieces
1 or 1.5 large cans of tomato juice (or V8)
Macaroni noodles
sugar
salt
pepper
oregano
Italian seasoning
basil
parsley
Okay, so I didn't try this recipe out yet - but while I am typing it I am noticing there are no amounts for most of the ingredients. This is not how I cook. I cook like a scientist with precisely measured ingredients. So if anyone knows at least a round about estimation of how much I need of: mushrooms, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, and parsley - I would love to know. Did they tell at enrichment when they were doing the demonstration? I don't even know to whom this recipe originated or I would call them. If you have this info please let me know so I can update the recipe.
Back to the instructions:
Brown beef in a little olive oil, with a small yellow onion and a couple of chopped cloves of garlic. Add the fresh mushroom pieces and cook until the beef is no longer pink. Add the tomato juice (or V8.) Bring to a boil. Add the macaroni. Reduce heat and add sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, and parsley - to taste. Let simmer until the macaroni is cooked.
This is a great crock pot recipe (I would like to know the instructions for making it in a crock pot. How long to cook? When do you add macaroni? Any ideas?)
No comments:
Post a Comment