Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Irish Italian Spaghetti -- Kim Stohl



This is my family's favorite spaghetti recipe - which is saying a lot because I have a husband and daughter who don't like "red sauce." So until this recipe, we were a no spaghetti household. Thanks Kim for this recipe, because as you all know spaghetti is a very important part of the meal rotation because it is so easy! So now at least every three weeks we have this yummy dinner and it gets eaten all up. Yummy!

Irish-Italian Spaghetti

1 Onion chopped
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash of red pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup
4 to 8 oz spaghetti noodles (or whatever you prefer)

Brown onion and ground beef. Add seasonings. Cover and simmer for 10 min. Add soups, cover and simmer 45 min. In the meantime, cook spaghetti. This has a little spice to it - Tyson likes it with extra tabasco and the kids like it just regular with parmesan cheese to lessen the kick a little.

* Those are the recipe's instructions - I usually don't let it simmer for 10 min. I just stir it well for a minute or two. Then I mix in the other stuff and let it simmer while I cook the spaghetti, set the table, make a salad, etc. It never ends up being 45 mins. but it is just as delicious!
This sauce freezes well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment