Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lemon Fusilli with Arugula Recipe - Holly Christensen




1 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl minced garlic
2 c heavy cream
2 lemons --- 3 lemons if you want to garnish with lemon
1 lb. dried fusilli
1/2 lb baby arugula
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
cooked, cut up chicken (optional)

Heat oil, garlic for 1 min, then add cream, zest and juice of 2 lemons, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, lower temp, and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until it starts to thicken.

Boil noodles to al dente. Drain and return to pot. Add cream sauce, and cook for 3 mins. Pour pasta into large bowl and add arugula, Parmesan and tomatoes. Cut last lemon into thin slices and add some to pasta as garnish. Toss and season to taste. Serve hot.

Amber's Note:  So I made this tonight for dinner because I have been craving it since I tried it at Holly's house.  I decided to add about 1 lb. of cooked cut up chicken to make it a main course instead of a side.  This recipe makes a lot!  My kids weren't really crazy over it, so mainly just Tyson and I ate it.  I ate way more than I should because it is awesome!  Just what I love to eat in the summer.  If Noodles had this on their menu, I would order it every time.  I have enough for at least four more good size servings left over lunches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment